'Vortis' insect suction sampler
|A light-weight portable suction sampling system
designed to extract insects from herbage or debris with
many distinct advantages over previously accepted
- The insects collected are immediately visible.
- No nets, bags or filters.
- Collecting vessel may be rapidly removed or
- A wide range of sizes and shapes of collecting
vessels may be used.
- Insects collected are safely deposited and may be
returned to their habitat if required.
- Light and fully portable system easily operated
by one person.
- No losses from the catch when transferring
- Ease and speed of collecting previously
impossible to achieve.
- Collected material does not impede air flow.
- Air flow and therefore uniformity of collecting
action can be monitored at all times.
This NEW design makes a radical break with the past in
that the insects are deposited directly into a detachable
transparent collecting vessel. NO BAGS, NETS OR FILTERS
||10.5 m³/min. (370 cfm)
|Weight including engine:
||7.8 kg (17.2 lb)
||930 mm (36 inches)
||0.2 m² (2.2 ft²)
Click here to send us an email message
© Burkard Manufacturing Co. Ltd., 7 January, 2001